ISO is the International Organization for Standardization.
ISO 9001-2000 provides a voluntary set of standards that encompass a range of technology and adds value to all types of business operations. The set of standards, developed by experts in the industry, are intended to meet the demands of the market. Furthermore, the ISO 9001-2000 standard is an international consensus on good management practices with the aim of ensuring that the organization delivers the product or service and meets client requirements.
ISO 9000 is composed of the following sections:
- ISO 9000 Certification covers the basic language.
- ISO 9001 Certification is intended for use in organizations who do design, development, installation and servicing of their product. It discusses how to meet customer needs effectively. This is the only implementation for which third-party auditors may grant certifications. The latest version is :2000.
- ISO 9002 Certification is nearly identical to 9001 Certification, except it does not incorporate design and development. In ISO 9000:2000, this was replaced by ISO 9001:2000.
- ISO 9003 Certification is intended for organizations whose processes are almost exclusive to inspection and testing of final products. In ISO 9000:2000, this was replaced by ISO 9001:2000.
- ISO 9004 Certification covers performance improvements. This gives you advice on what you should (or could) do to achieve ISO 9001 compliance and customer satisfaction.
The purpose of TL 9000 Certification is to define the telecommunications quality management system requirements for the design, development, production, delivery, installation, and maintenance of products: hardware, software, and services. Included in TL 9000
Certification are performance-based measurements that quantify reliability and quality performance of these products. Long-term goals include both cost and performance-based measurements.
ISO 14001 Certification
An Environmental Management System (EMS) is a structured approach to addressing the environmental bottom line. ISO 14001
Certification is the world's most recognized EMS framework - accepted from Argentina to Zimbabwe - that helps organizations both to manage better the impact of their activities on the environment and to demonstrate sound environmental management.